Between March 6 and March 13, 2019 members will elect one (1) Table Officers and one (1) Regional Vice-President (Region 6A – National Office) in accordance with the COPE 491 Bylaws.
Elected by a vote of the full membership.
*Regional Vice-President (Region 6A)
Elected by members of National Office
Nominations will open February 6, 2019 and must be submitted to the Returning Officer by 4:00 pm. on February 20, 2019; the day nominations close.
To be eligible for a nomination and election, a member must be in continuous good standing for twelve (12) consecutive months prior to date of nomination.
No nomination shall be accepted unless the member nominating has signed the nomination form and the member nominated has indicated on the form, or by other means, their willingness to stand for office. Nominations must be sent in during the nomination period. Any nominations received before or after the nomination period will not be accepted.
A complete list of candidates for office will be posted on the Local Union website on February 23, 2019.
After the closing of nominations all duly nominated candidates will be extended an opportunity to have a maximum of one (1) article included in the electronic voting system and posted on the Local Union website. The article may reference candidate websites but shall not contain any active links to external websites.
Steve Smith will serve as Returning Officer during the election. Voting will be conducted using electronic voting over seven days, March 6, 2019 to March 13, 2019.
Your participation as a candidate or as an informed voter in Union elections is crucial because those you elect will help administer the affairs of the Union.
Personal email addresses should be received by the Returning Officer, Steve Smith via your RVP and no later than February 15, 2019, in order to ensure receipt of ballots.
President, COPE Local 491
- Campaigning cannot occur during work time.
- Use of the Employer’s voice mail or email to circulate election material is not permitted.
- Candidates are asked to conduct themselves with dignity at all times.
- Any behaviour or material that undermines the dignity or self-esteem of any individual or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment will not be tolerated.
- Each duly nomination candidate may submit a maximum of one (1) article to be published on the Local Union Website and included in the electronic voting system. Website posting of articles begin February 25, 2019.
Returning Officer, COPE Local 491
DATES TO REMEMBER
January 30, 2019
February 6, 2019
February 20, 2019
4:00 p.m. EST
February 23, 2019
Complete list of candidates will be posted on the Union’s website
February 25, 2019
Website posting of articles begin
February 15, 2019
Personal email address deadline
March 6 to March 13, 2019