Angela Coleman Profile
Three words used to describe me: Team player, Dedicated and Loyal!
- The Hamilton Area Office is where I have been supporting and working closely with National Staff since February of 2002.
- In 2002 – 2003, I had the privilege of being elected as President of COPE 491. While President, I was involved in all aspects of COPE 491 which included meeting with members to resolve issues, listening to concerns and Chairing Board meetings that involved all Regional Vice Presidents to learn about and assist them with the issues that were important to members in other provinces. I was involved in all issues between the Employer and our Union, including Labour Management, Grievance Meetings and Negotiations.
- While not currently a member of the COPE 491 Executive, my future goal is to become more active with our Union once again. With support from my family, I am now at a point in my life where I have the time, energy and commitment to be more actively involved in COPE 491.
- In order to ensure that I am equipped to meet the needs of members in our Union, I have taken several courses through the McMaster University/Mohawk Labour Studies Program, which when fully completed I will have obtained my Labour Studies Certificate. To further my education I have also completed Labour courses at Athabasca University.
- I firmly believe that it would be a great asset to have a member from Ontario act as part of the bargaining committee. If given this opportunity, I can assure you that I would be there to fight for what members want and need.
- I was actively involved with “Rock for Public Services” back in 2008. A large and ongoing event initiated by CUPE Ontario. My involvement included all planning stages including securing the venue location up to and including security for the venue and recruiting volunteers for the event. I am extremely proud of the event which brought the community together for a very important cause.
- For very personal reasons I organized and chaired a fundraiser for cancer. My strong organizational skills and determination raised $3500 for cancer research.
- Avid volunteer through various organizations in my community.
I wish all the candidates the best of luck!
Thank you for your consideration and allowing me to be part of the next Bargaining Committee.